Who am I?
I am an entrepreneur who lives by three life principles:
1. Do what you love, and love what you do.
2. All that matters is the triple-bottom-line: people, profits and planet.
3. Authenticity, integrity and leadership are life’s key success factors.
What are my favorite personal goals?
– choose my attitude
– engage in community building
– leave a positive legacy
Why is this important?
Because life is short, its opportunities are limitless and there is nothing more fundamentally important than building a brighter world for today and tomorrow through the power of ethical entrepreneurship.
This is my philosophy, and this is what I stand for.
Leadership has become anomaly in the modern world, taking on various definitions and meanings, through its unprecedented popularity. Starstruck, from its viral promotion in symposiums, conventions, workshops, videos, class rooms and offices, the definition has arguably imploded.
Leadership to me is quite simple. It is authentic expression and action to selfless ends.
Jim Carey is not renowned as a philosopher, an academic or as a leader, but I would argue that his greatest talent is not acting, but all of the above.
In the video to the right, which I highly encourage everyone to watch, he addresses a graduating class, where he says “The effect you have on others is the most valuable currency in the world… Because everything you gain in life will rot and fall apart, and all that is left of you is what was in your heart.”
I love this quote, because I truly believe that nothing is more true to me, about the meaning of life, leadership and legacy.
On my lifelong journey to master authentic leadership and integrity, I enjoy making use of third-party tools and feedback to assess my strengths and values, and to repeat the same assessments every other year, as to benchmark changes and identify trends to substantiate my progress in mastery and personal growth.
These results are from assessments of personality, strengths, values, likelihood of performance and others.
Competing Values Framework
- Collaborate (10)
- Control (9)
- Create (6)
- Compete (5)
My first life breakthrough happened at just 11 years old, when I realized that life is a short-window opportunity to make things happen. That day, I made a bucket list, which eventually became “the list” and has been my guide to happiness, self-leadership and a roadmap to my ultimate and most unrealistic dreams.
A few of my missionary goals leading to the ultimate ending include the following.
- Devote myself a happy, healthy and empowered family;
- Establish a powerful business empire that is based on philantropy, community-building, environmental protection and growing our economy, especially through small- and medium-sized businesses;
- Teach in higher education;
- Publish valued and impactful literature;
- Earn election to an office of influence and responsibility at the Federal level; and
- Buy, run and expand a private vineyard;
- Among many others.
This page will be expanded in the future, with details and articles covering major influences that affect my life and why. In the mean time, I’ll satisfy this page with their names:
- Ellizabeth Olley, Business Development Bank of Canada
- Jules Cloutier, Parks Canada
- Stephanie Bourret, Business Development Bank of Canada
- Carl Sinnet, Ville de Gaspé Fire Department
- Howard Miller, Eastern Shores School Board
- Dave Dame, Agile Coach and Scotiabank
- Karl Abbott, Scotiabank
- Barrack Obama, United States President
- Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway
- Jim Carrey, Enlightened Life Leader